Markeim Arts Center is pleased to present Artistic Impressions of Haddonfield: A Tricentennial Celebration for the South Jersey and surrounding area’s community of artists and patrons. The exhibition will run from August 17 – September 28, 2013
The exhibition is about celebrating the people, places, commerce and sense of community that have made Haddonfield over the last 300 years. Themes of artwork that may be included and/or used to inspire you: Haddonfield moments, historic places, sacred spaces, hangouts, Haddonfield in action, the native people, the settlers, defining local natural and human events, or prominent people who have made significant contributions to the town and culture.
Call for Artists:
- Anyone, who lives or has lived in Haddonfield, works in or has an important connection to Haddonfield, may enter the exhibit.
- Works must be inspired by People, Places & Things in Haddonfield
- Art must be artist’s original work, including subject, photography, composition, drawing and painting.
- Community members are also invited to showcase their personally owned heirlooms and unique artwork that celebrates Haddonfield.
- Artists must be 16 years or older.
- All medium accepted, 2D or 3D
- Works not to exceed 72” x 72”, unless discussed with Markeim staff.
- Art work submitted must be suitably framed, wired or prepared for exhibition. Work not suitably prepared will be installed at the discretion of the exhibition committee.
- Submitted work (by artists) must be for sale and available for the run of the exhibition.
Submission of Images:
- Artists can submit 1- 3 pieces, for a non-refundable entry fee of $15. Art must be for sale. (Submit additional pieces for a fee of $5)
- Community Members can submit 1- 3 pieces, for a non-refundable entry fee of $10. (Submit additional pieces for a fee of $5)